Recognising the need for a collective voice to represent the community housing sector, CORT Community Housing has played a pivotal role in the formation of ACHPN, with Peter Jeffries, CEO CORT serving as Chairperson from July 2010 until December 2015.
The group came together in 2010 to share resources, support each other, collaborate on projects and advocate on behalf of the Auckland community housing sector.
Most of the members of ACHPN are also members of Community Housing Aotearoa (CHA), the sector’s national body. The network has a charter, which has as its key focus the provision of new housing supply. Both ACHPN and CHA have a critical role in the ongoing development of the community housing sector.
Auckland Community Housing Providers Network includes Auckland’s 10 largest community housing organisations:
- Accessible Properties Ltd
- Airedale Property Trust / Lifewise
- Auckland Community Housing Trust
- Bays Community Housing Trust
- CORT Community Housing
- Habitat for Humanity (Auckland)
- Keys Social Housing
- Monte Cecilia Housing Trust
- New Zealand Housing Foundation
- The Salvation Army
- Vision West Community Trust
For more information:
James Widgery, Chair ACHPN
Ph: 09 818 0747